Film reviews 2019
Nowadays the International Nature Film Festival Gödöllő has become an outstanding nature and environmental conservation event in the region. With the support of the profession and the media, we have managed to draw the attention to Gödöllő, to the values of the nature and their importance during the Festival. In 2019 more than 1500 films were submitted!
Two Filmreviews are announced every year:
International Nature Filmreview in 6 categories
Carpathian Basin Filmreview in 3 categories.
During the Festival last year 160 films were screened freely, in 6 different spots and approximately 40 000 people visited the Festival, Gödöllő and watched films.
Thematical screening spots are the followings: Riding Hall, Royal Palace, Gödöllő - naturefilms; two section room, Royal Palace, Gödöllő - documentaries; Animations tent, Alsópark; Main stage, Led-wall, Alsópark – highlighted films every evening and movies from the partners, supporters of the festival during afternoons.
At the same time of the festival in 27 different locations – besides them in 6 national parks – films were screened about nature and environmental conservation, protection in the frame of the National Nature and Environmental Protection Film Days where thousands of visitors participated.
Thanks to everyone who visited to the Festival and took part in the programs or just followed the events.
Dear filmmakers, we are waiting for the films for two filmreviews until 28 of February.
We believe that the film is the first among the arts, which uses time and space at once directly. Nowadays it has been one of the most popular informative, entertainment and artistic medium. The Festival is built around this, but not only for this purpose. The films’ messages should be seen and felt.
The main patron of the Filmreviews and the Nature and Environmental Protection Festival is János Áder, the president of the republic of Hungary. Many thanks for this support!
The date of the VI. International Nature Film Festival is 29-31 May, 2020.
Let’s meet at this time, too!
International Nature Film Festival 2020
VI. International Nature Film Festival Gödöllő
Nature and Environmental Protection Film Review
Carpathian Basin Film Review
Festival place: Gödöllő
Festival date: May 29–31, 2020
Application dates: November 15, 2019 - February 28, 2020
The mission of the International Nature Film Festival is to raise the awareness of the public regarding to the protection and conservation of biological diversity, natural resources, values and beauties of the world with a special emphasis on Europe and the Carpathian Basin through the display of films connected to the topic. The festival brings a good opportunity for filmmakers, professionals and the public to meet and initiate conversation on these important issues through different meetings and conferences within the framework of the event and to enjoy nature films at the same time.
Within the framework of the 2020 Festival two different Film Reviews will be organized.
1. International Film Review
- Nature Films (films introducing our natural resources, wildlife, landscapes and the changes)
- nature films
- short nature films (max. 26 minutes)
- Documentaries on nature protection and conservation (films introducing the themes of biological diversity, the effects of climate change and people who protect the environment and live in harmony with nature)
- television productions/ independent films
- short films, videos, independent short films (max. 26 minutes)
- Scientific documentaries (educational documentary films, the role of science in the protection of natural resources, in the adaptation of man, opportunities and ideas that nature provides to scientists)
- Travelogues and expedition documentaries (the adventure that must be seen, “know your world” documentary films)
- Animations (focusing on nature conservation and protection and ecological footprint)
2. Carpathian Basin Film Review
- Natural resources and the heritage of the Carpathian Basin (the Carpathian Basin is one of Europe's special climatic and geological place with a wealth of treasures and values. Protecting and preserving them is a very important mission.)
- Nature films
- Cultural values (rural life, life in the countryside, traditions)
Application dates: November 15, 2019 and 24.00 pm (CET) February 28, 2020
In the case of both competitions films produced exclusively in or after 2018 can be submitted - which were not submitted to the 2018-2019’s festivals. If the film was produced before 2018, or it was submitted, but it was significantly modified or updated it can also be submitted
Films submitted to the International Film Review can be submitted to the Carpathian Basin Film Review as well if the film meets the requirements listed below.
For the Carpathian Basin Film Review only and exclusively those films can be submitted which are about the Carpathian Basin’s natural and cultural values!
The official languages of the Festival are English and Hungarian. The participants are required to upload or send any information in English.
For the International Film Review the submitted films must be in English language or have English subtitles.
For the Carpathian Basin Film Review English language is not obligatory if the film is Hungarian. In case of films not in Hungarian language, filmmakers must provide the films with English voice or subtitles.
Entries can be made in the following ways:
- Our official entry form available from 15 November, 2019 (most preferred way)
Submissions are valid on all platforms mentioned before, but please, one film submit only on one platform! If you submit the same film on several platforms, we accept only the latest one. We prefer the festival’s official entry form.
The submission to our Festival is free of charge.
Requested information for valid entry:
For valid entry you should add all the requested information and materials!
Entries must contain the category in which the film is submitted.
The requested information:
- submitter: name, e-mail address, telephone number
- submitted film’s basic data: original title, English title, completion date, production country, running time, language, English synopsis (max. 500 characters)
- director(s): name, year of birth, nationality, e-mail address, biography in English (max. 500 characters)
- credits: director(s), animation director(s), director(s) of photography, editor(s), music editor(s), producer, distributor
Please, pay attention to the maximum number of characters!
The requested materials:
- the submitted film (upload it or add an online link for it)
- photo of the director (min. 300 DPI quality and with min. 800x600 resolution)
- 3 stills from the film (min. 300 DPI quality and with min. 800x600 resolution)
- trailer (optional)
- English text (in srt format or in a Word document with in-out timecodes – can be required if the film is selected for screening and it is not in Hungarian language)
Please, upload or send the biography in doc or in txt file, not in PDF. Do not use upper case with any of the information added.
REQUESTING SCREENING COPY
The submitted films will be first evaluated by the pre-jury and selected films will be evaluated by the Festival Jury. If the film is not submitted to the appropriate category, the Jury has the right to move in the right category. The filmmakers of the selected films will be informed by 15 April 2020 whether their film was selected for the competition. Until 20 April we will provide you a link accessibility where you will be able to upload your screening copy.
The screening copies of the selected films must arrive by May 1, 2020.
The screening copy – if it has not been sent with the submission - should be uploaded with the following min. quality:
- File format: Mpeg4, mov, mxf, M2ts etc.
- Resolution: min. 1920x1080 (full HD)
- Bit rate: min. 20 Mbit
You can also post the screening copy on DVD or Blu-ray disk (we prefer the online sharing):
(Carplove International Nonprofit Ltd.)
Budapest Jászdózsa street 30.
The entrants must cover the shipping costs of all materials entered.
With the entry of a film to the Festival the filmmaker agrees that the organizer of the Festival can screen the submitted film during the festival at different locations of the Festival. Film parts (max. 3 minutes) may be used by the International Nature Film Festival Gödöllő during different events and demonstrations (educational and exhibition screenings) and in the different fields of media (with reference to the filmmaker) to propagate the Festival for non-commercial purposes.
The Festival is able to translate the films and screen them with Hungarian voice or subtitle. All festival documents will be published in Hungarian and English.
The festival does not pay any screening fee to the filmmakers.
All Festival programs are free of charge.
The decisions of the pre-Jury and the Jury are final and cannot be changed, there is no opportunity for appeal.
Please note! Entries with missing information will not be accepted! The organizers will ask the participants to complete documents only once. If the participants do not respond and provide the relevant information within the deadlines, their entry will not be accepted.
At the 2020’s Festival Gala the total sum of the prizes will amount to €17.000. The Gala will be held on 30 May 2020 in the Royal Palace of Gödöllő. Special thanks to the supporters of the festival.
The organizers will provide accommodation (1 night, maximum 2 people) for the filmmakers for the day of the screening of their film and also the opportunity to participate in the professional activities (conferences, meetings) of the event (preliminary registration is required).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The organizers of the Festival will handle all personal data given to them in connection with the Festival entry confidentially; they will use them only for the registration and for festival publications and will not hand them over to any third party. In case of data and files uploaded to Filmfreeway the same data protection rules will be applied. The films uploaded to this site mentioned before will be used exclusively for preliminary selection. The films not selected by the jury for screening in the festival program will be deleted.